moss


knit / weave 

Some research I did found that the combination of knit and weave were topics broached very little, and I thought that somehow weaving with a knit piece would be an interesting idea that fit the current project of moss and textural qualities that I was doing.

In future I want to look at this a bit more, as I didn't have a lot of time to do more than a few samples using this technique. It also took a while as I was using a very basic loom, and I would like the opportunity to use a proper loom one day. I wanted to try a method of weaving by hand into a knit piece, or vice versa, to see if it changed the texture in different ways.


Above are some simple fashion illustrations over a microscopic image of moss that I used as initial research and was a stepping stone for future development. I was envisaging using moss type hand knit sections in different areas of a more basic knitted jumper in order to convey the natural forms of moss in nature.



Comments

Popular Posts